Overactive Bladder Treatment
Do you suffer from an overactive bladder? This condition occurs when bladder muscles contract too frequently, creating an urgent need to urinate—whether or not the bladder is full. An overactive bladder causes frustration, hinders daily activities, and reduces your quality of life.
Contact one of our bladder specialists to find a lasting solution for your overactive bladder.
3 Overactive Bladder Symptoms
Common symptoms of an overactive bladder include:
Urinating 8+ times per day
Waking up multiple times during the night to urinate
13 Causes of an Overactive Bladder
Common causes of an overactive bladder include:
Overactive Bladder Treatments
Your doctor will perform a urine analysis to rule out infection, a physical exam of your bladder and pelvic area, and possibly an ultrasound to determine whether you have an overactive bladder. Various surgical and non-surgical treatments are available if you do.
- InterStim Therapy: This nerve stimulation therapy is an outpatient procedure performed under a local anesthetic.
- Bladder Surgery: Minimally invasive bladder surgery enhances bladder capacity.
- Behavioral Bladder Training: This entails fluid regulation, pelvic floor muscle exercises, and scheduled urination.
- Medication or Injections: Your doctor might provide muscle relaxers to prevent hyperactive bladder muscle contraction.
- Bladder Diet: Eliminating foods and drinks that trigger frequent urination can improve overactive bladder symptoms.