Methodist McKinney Hospital is committed to giving our patients the best medical treatment. This is highlighted by an emphasis on individualized care and a desire to answer patient questions and concerns. In this section, you will find information to help prepare for your upcoming visit to our facility.
Please keep in mind that your doctor or nurse should be your primary source for information regarding your surgical procedure. If you find the information contained in this section differs from what you have been told by a medical professional, always defer to the medical professional.
For specific questions, please feel free to contact us
at (972) 569-2700.
Went in for out-patient surgery in July. Excellent experience with the check-in staff, nurses, and doctors. Answered all of my questions. Could not have gone better. Super glad my orthopedist uses this hospital.Mark S.
I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Chris Miller at Methodist McKinney Hospital before Thanksgiving and I am feeling FABULOUS!!!! The team of nurses, doctors, therapist, chef, & technicians were top notch. The care and attention was over the top!!!!!! They made me feel very special and most important....I am now walking without any pain! Yea!!!!!!!! Keep up the Great Care!
Peace to each of you,
Surgery Patient Information
Before Your Surgery
Our medical staff and anesthesia provider will discuss your medical history. Please anticipate some overlap between questions.
A staff member will communicate your arrival time to complete registration paperwork prior to your procedure. To ensure timely registration please bring the following documentation:
- Insurance ID card(s)
- Driver’s license or state-issued photo ID card
- Physician order forms
- Payment for insurance co-pay, if applicable
Please remember to follow any specific preparation an/or dietary restrictions communicated by your physician’s office at the time of scheduling. Failure to do so may result in the rescheduling of your appointment.
Additional Surgery Information
- Do not consume any food or drink, including water, after midnight prior to surgery. Cardiac and respiratory medications can be taken the morning of surgery with minimal water.
- Do not chew gum, eat breath mints and hard candies or smoke after midnight the night before.
- We will provide instructions on when to arrive for your procedure, usually between one to two hours in advance, depending on the type of surgery. Please ask medical staff for clarification if you are unsure of arrival time.
- All patients must have a legal driver to escort them home following surgery. If you do not arrive to your surgery with a driver, your surgery may be cancelled.
- We will provide gowns and basic toiletry items for overnight inpatient procedures, but we encourage patients to bring personal items if it will make the stay more comfortable.
- Bathing prior to the procedure is acceptable, but limit the amount of hairspray, makeup and body lotion that’s applied. Nail polish is not permitted.
- Leave valuables at home (purses, watches, jewelry, etc.).
- We encourage patients to wear glasses instead of contact lenses. If not possible, please bring the necessary supplies for contact storage when removed.
- Women of childbearing age should expect to do a urine pregnancy test prior to the procedure.
- The anesthesia provider will discuss taking any home medications prior to surgery.
After your outpatient surgery or procedure, you will be moved to a recovery area and closely monitored until you are ready to go home. It is normal to feel discomfort in the area of your surgery. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness, depending on the type of anesthesia received prior to the procedure.
Once you are fully awake from surgery, a nurse will notify your family that they can join you in the recovery area until discharged. Although recovery times for surgery can vary, most patients are discharged one to three hours after surgery. For your safety, please arrange for an adult to drive you home after surgery. You cannot drive yourself home following a procedure.
Patients with a surgical procedure necessitating an overnight stay will recover in one of our 19 private patient rooms. Families are welcome to join patients in their room.
Inpatient Physical Therapy
For patients that require physical therapy during their stay, we offer Functional Mobility Retraining, Orthopedic Rehabilitation and Wound Care.
- Functional Mobility Retraining: Teaching proper and safe functional mobility with an emphasis on minimizing the risks of falls and re-injury.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation: Evaluating and treating all types of orthopedic conditions and surgeries with a focus on intense training or proper mobility and exercises that restore normal range of motion, strength and mobility.
- Wound Care: Creating clean, optimal wound healing environment while identifying and eliminating complications that delay proper healing.
We welcome the friends and family of our patients to visit at their convenience during our flexible visiting hours. We offer complimentary coffee, cable TV and Wi-Fi access in our waiting area for friends and family of all patients.
Please note that due to the quick recovery time for patients receiving same-day procedures, friends and family are asked to wait until the patient has recovered to join them and escort them home.
Our new café features gourmet breakfast and lunch entrees, convenient grab-and-go items such as salads, sandwiches, and parfaits. Also provided is premium Starbucks coffee products.
The café is open from 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Get Started Today
Thank you for your interest in our team of dedicated physicians. Methodist McKinney Hospital has more than 200 physicians offering expertise in various specialties.
Please use the following form to have a physician contact you directly. Within the form, please choose the specialty of interest and complete your contact information. You may also call our toll-free Physician Referral Line, 1-877-926-0250, Monday – Friday. We are available to assist you in finding a physician that suits your needs.
Thank you for trusting your family's healthcare to Methodist McKinney Hospital.
This contact form is for non-medical questions only.
Disclaimer: Texas law prohibits hospitals from practicing medicine. The physicians on the Methodist McKinney Hospital medical staff including those referenced on this website are independent practitioners who are not employees or agents of Methodist McKinney Hospital or any of its affiliated locations.
Methodist McKinney Hospital Location
Methodist McKinney Hospital
8000 W. Eldorado Parkway
McKinney, TX 75070
1. (972) 569-2700
Methodist McKinney Hospital
8000 Eldorado Pkwy, McKinney, TX 75070, USA