Methodist McKinney Hospital is committed to giving our patients the best medical treatment. This is highlighted by an emphasis on individualized care and a desire to answer patient questions and concerns. In this section, you will find information to help prepare for your upcoming visit to our facility.
Please keep in mind that your doctor or nurse should be your primary source for information regarding your surgical procedure. If you find the information contained in this section differs from what you have been told by a medical professional, always defer to the medical professional.
For specific questions, please feel free to contact us
at (972) 569-2700.
Went in for out-patient surgery in July. Excellent experience with the check-in staff, nurses, and doctors. Answered all of my questions. Could not have gone better. Super glad my orthopedist uses this hospital.Mark S.
I had my right hip replaced by Dr. Chris Miller at Methodist McKinney Hospital before Thanksgiving and I am feeling FABULOUS!!!! The team of nurses, doctors, therapist, chef, & technicians were top notch. The care and attention was over the top!!!!!! They made me feel very special and most important....I am now walking without any pain! Yea!!!!!!!! Keep up the Great Care!
Peace to each of you,
Surgery Patient Information
Before Your Procedure
Shortly before your scheduled procedure, a representative from Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center will call to confirm details of your appointment. If we can’t reach you, please be sure to call us no later than the day before surgery. We’ll need to know about current and past medical conditions, current medications and allergies. This is also the perfect opportunity to discuss any questions or special needs you may have.
- Your physician will tell you when to stop eating and drinking before your procedure.
- If you routinely take any medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, ask your physician if it’s okay to take the day of your procedure.
- For female patients, let your doctor know if there’s any chance you could be pregnant.
- As a precaution, you should leave valuables like watches, jewelry and wallets at home.
- Tell your physician if there’s any change in your health (cold, fever, sore throat, etc.).
- Stay safe! Plan to have an adult drive you home afterwards, as you will not be permitted to drive.
Day of Your Procedure
- Make sure to arrive on time so we can help you with all necessary admission procedures.
- You’ll need your insurance and a photo ID (e.g. driver’s license) for admissions. If you need to make special financial arrangements, simply give us a call prior to admission.
- Be sure to bring a list of your current medications and any paperwork your doctor may have given you, such as test results or medical history.
- Dress comfortably! We suggest loose-fitting pants and top.
- When you arrive, we’ll provide a gown and slippers for you to change into, and will need you to remove all jewelry, contact lenses, dentures and any prosthesis.
Immediately following your procedure, we’ll move you to a recovery area where we can monitor you until you’re discharged, usually within 1-3 hours after surgery. Once you’re awake, your family can join you. At this time, it’s normal to feel some discomfort at the surgery site, as well as some drowsiness or dizziness.
Recovering at Home
Before you’re discharged, your surgeon will provide specific instructions on how to care for yourself at home. For the first 24 hours following your procedure, you should avoid strenuous activity, alcoholic beverages, driving and having to make critical decisions. Within a day or two after your procedure, we’ll follow up to ask how recovery is going; if you’re having any difficulty at all, let us know or contact your physician.
We’ll ask you to complete a simple questionnaire about the care you received at Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center, as we strive to continuously provide the highest level of care.
Financial Information With Online Bill Pay
Have questions about an upcoming procedure or interested in scheduling a tour? Fill out and submit the form below and we’ll contact you directly. If you have a question regarding your medical care, please call our office directly at +1 (469) 907-1650. This contact form is for non-medical questions only.
|Monday||7 a.m.-3 p.m|
|Tuesday||7 a.m.-3 p.m|
|Wednesday||7 a.m.-3 p.m|
|Thursday||7 a.m.-3 p.m|
|Friday||7 a.m.-3 p.m|
Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center Location
Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center
6045 Alma Rd, Suite 100
McKinney, TX 75070
General Inquiries: (469) 907-1650
Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center
6045 Alma Rd, Suite 100 McKinney, TX 75070
See All of Our Locations