When you’re the one facing a procedure, we do everything in our power to make you feel as prepared and comfortable as possible.
Before Your Procedure
Shortly before your scheduled procedure, a representative from Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center will call to confirm details of your appointment. If we can’t reach you, please be sure to call us no later than the day before surgery. We’ll need to know about current and past medical conditions, current medications and allergies. This is also the perfect opportunity to discuss any questions or special needs you may have.
- Your physician will tell you when to stop eating and drinking before your procedure.
- If you routinely take any medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, ask your physician if it’s okay to take the day of your procedure.
- For female patients, let your doctor know if there’s any chance you could be pregnant.
- As a precaution, you should leave valuables like watches, jewelry and wallets at home.
- Tell your physician if there’s any change in your health (cold, fever, sore throat, etc.).
- Stay safe! Plan to have an adult drive you home afterwards, as you will not be permitted to drive.
Day of Your Procedure
- Make sure to arrive on time so we can help you with all necessary admission procedures.
- You’ll need your insurance and a photo ID (e.g. driver’s license) for admissions. If you need to make special financial arrangements, simply give us a call prior to admission.
- Be sure to bring a list of your current medications and any paperwork your doctor may have given you, such as test results or medical history.
- Dress comfortably! We suggest loose-fitting pants and top.
- When you arrive, we’ll provide a gown and slippers for you to change into, and will need you to remove all jewelry, contact lenses, dentures and any prosthesis.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is outpatient surgery?
Outpatient surgery, also known as ambulatory surgery or same-day surgery is a procedure that does not require an overnight stay.
What do I need to bring with me on the day of surgery?
- Insurance card and driver’s license
- Any paperwork from your doctor (test results, medical history, etc.)
- List of medications you’re taking, including supplements, herbal preparations and vitamins
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing
Do not bring:
- Watches, rings, jewelry and wallets
- Large amounts of cash
When can I see my family after a surgery procedure?
- After your outpatient procedure, we’ll take you to the recovery area where, once you’re fully awake, your family will be able to join you.
Can I drive myself home after my surgery or procedure?
- No, since anesthesia is required for surgeries, we cannot let anyone drive themselves home following a procedure. We ask that you arrange for a family member or close friend to drive you to and from the facility on the day of your appointment.
What do the facility fees cover?
- Our fees cover the use of the facility only. Facility fees do not include laboratory, pathology, surgeon, anesthesiologist or certified nurse anesthetist fees, nor does it include the cost of any implants used for your surgery. You will be billed separately for these fees.
Who administers anesthesia?
- Anesthetics are administered by contracted anesthesia providers, which include anesthesiologists and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA).
Will I get to speak to the person doing my anesthesia before my surgery?
Yes. Before surgery, you and your anesthesia provider will sit down to discuss your medical history and review the anesthesia plan; this is when you’ll be able to voice all of your questions and concerns. Feel free to call our admissions nurse if you have concerns that should be addressed prior to the day of surgery.
Will I get a shot before my surgery?
Yes. An intravenous (IV) line is started before we surgery so we can administer medication as needed; this may include medication to reduce anxiety or antibiotics prescribed by your surgeon.
Is my physician employed by the hospital?
- No. Your physician, along with the other medical service providers, including anesthesia, radiology or pathology specialists, who use this facility are independent contractors. Because these individuals are not employed by our facility, we are not responsible or liable for their acts or omissions.
Get Started Today
Thank you for your interest in our team of dedicated physicians. Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center has many physicians offering expertise in various specialties.
Please use the following form to have a physician contact you directly. Within the form, please choose the specialty of interest and complete your contact information. You may also call our toll-free Physician Referral Line, 1-877-926-0250, during normal business hours. We are available to assist you in finding a physician that suits your needs.
Thank you for trusting your family's healthcare to Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center.
This contact form is for non-medical questions only.
Hours of Operation
Monday | 7AM - 3PM
Tuesday | 7AM - 3PM
Wednesday | 7AM.- 3PM
Thursday | 7AM - 3PM
Friday | 7AM - 3PM
Saturday | Closed
Sunday | Closed
Craig Ranch Surgery Center Location
Methodist Craig Ranch Surgery Center
6045 Alma Road, Suite 100
McKinney, TX 75070